Реферирование и индексированиеRussian Science Citation Index
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Transformation of Financial Statements of the Russian Football Clubs in Accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
Importance The article considers the finance of Russian football clubs, namely the transformation of their financial statements in accordance with international standards, aimed at a fair view of all operations.
Objectives The aim of this study is to develop a model for transforming financial statements of Russian football clubs in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
Methods We considered the main items of football clubs' financial reporting, including transfer contracts with players, stadiums, payables and receivables, debt, income and expenses, the specificity of their formation in accordance with the Russian and International accounting standards. Russian and International Financial Reporting Standards, research papers and analytical studies on finance of sports organizations and transformation of financial statements form a theoretical basis of the paper.
Results We have reviewed the annual reports of domestic and foreign football clubs. All aspects are illustrated by practical examples. We put forward certain proposals on transformation. All the proposals are approved by applying them to the PFC CSKA case: the Club's reporting got transformed in accordance with the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards.
Conclusions and Relevance We came to the conclusion about many discrepancies in the statements made in accordance with the Russian and International standards. We have identified the causes of such differences and formulated certain proposals for transformation. The results of this study can be used by domestic football clubs to transform their accounting in accordance with IFRS. This would contribute to enhancing the transparency in the Russian football, attracting investment and the creation of a new management model, based on fair value measurement of assets, liabilities and transactions.
Ключевые слова: sports finance, financial statement, football club, accounting, amortization, player transfer
- Bogopol'skii A.B. [Materiality in IFRS]. Korporativnaya finansovaya otchetnost'. Mezhdunarodnye standarty = Corporate Financial Reporting. International Standards, 2009, no. 6, pp. 23–24. (In Russ.)
- Denisova T.V. [Technique of transformation of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS]. Sovremennoe biznes-prostranstvo: aktual'nye problemy i perspektivy = Modern Business Space: Actual Problems and Perspectives, 2015, no. 2, pp. 15–18. (In Russ.)
- Fomicheva L.P. [Transformation of financial reporting in accordance with IFRS]. Bukhgalterskii uchet = Accounting, 2013, no. 2, pp. 13–22. (In Russ.)
- Shchadilova S.N. [The transformation of the Russian financial statements in IFRS format]. Auditor, 2014, no. 2, pp. 55–62. (In Russ.)
- Solntsev I.V., Kapin M.V. [Evaluating the effectiveness of IPO deals: a case of football clubs]. Imushchestvennye otnosheniya v Rossiiskoi Federatsii = Property Relations in the Russian Federation, 2016, no. 3, pp. 75–84. (In Russ.)
- Solntsev I.V. Otsenka stoimosti futbol'nykh klubov i bol'shikh sportivnykh aren [Valuation of football clubs and sport facilities]. Moscow, Prospekt Publ., 2016.
- Solntsev I.V. Finansy v futbole [Finance in football]. Moscow, Prospekt Publ., 2016.
- Rowbottom N. The Application of Intangible Asset Accounting and Discretionary Policy Choices in the UK Football Industry. The British Accounting Review, 2002, December, vol. 34, iss. 4, pp. 335–355.
- Fareeha Shareef, Howard Davey. Accounting for Intellectual Capital: Evidence from Listed English Football Clubs. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 2005, vol. 7, iss. 3, pp. 78–116.
- Eli Amir, Gilad Livne. Accounting, Valuation and Duration of Football Player Contracts. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 2005, April, vol. 32, iss. 3-4, pp. 549–586.
- Morrow S. Accounting for Football Players. Financial and Accounting Implications of ‘Royal Club Liégois and Others V Bosman’ for Football in the United Kingdom. Journal of Human Resource Costing & Accounting, 1997, vol. 2, iss. 1, pp. 55–71.
- Morrow S. Football Players as Human Assets. Measurement as the Critical Factor in Asset Recognition: A Case Study Investigation. Journal of Human Resource Costing & Accounting, 1996, vol. 1, iss. 1, pp. 75–97.
- Morrow S. Football Club Financial Reporting: Time for a New Model? Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal, 2013, vol. 3, iss. 4, pp. 297–311.
- Morrow S. The People's Game?: Football, Finance and Society. NY, Palgrave Macmillan, 2003.
- Morrow S. The New Business of Football: Accountability and Finance in Football. Macmillan Press Ltd., 1999.
- Vladan Pavlović, Predrag Mijatović, Srećko Milačić. Financial Reporting of Football Clubs in R. Serbia. Management Journal for Theory and Practice Management, 2013, no. 67, pp. 55–62.
- Popudribko A.V., Nevezhin V.P. [Human capital in football: transfer pricing]. Evraziiskoe Nauchnoe Ob"edinenie = Eurasian Scientific Association, 2015, no. 12, pp. 46–49. (In Russ.)
- Polyakov K.L., Zhukova L.V. [Evaluation of human capital in professional football]. Prikladnaya ekonometrika = Applied Econometrics, 2013, no. 1, pp. 29–44. (In Russ.)
- Nilsen K. On the Verge of an Academic Revolution: How IFRS Is Affecting Accounting Education. Journal of Accountancy, 2008, December, vol. 206, iss. 6, p. 82.
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала