Реферирование и индексированиеRussian Science Citation Index
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
Developing Regional Environmental Management Models in Compliance with the Innovative Format of ISO 14001:2015
Importance Considering the transition of environmental management systems to the innovative format under ISO 14001:2015, it necessitates models and methods for separate enterprises and organization to harmonize their natural protection strategies with strategies for developing regional social, environmental and economic systems, as a whole, and offers opportunities for improving local environmental management tools.
Objectives The research determines the types of regional economic systems in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation by volume and specifics of a negative environmental effect so to further optimize natural protection strategies at the regional level.
Methods The research relies upon a cluster analysis performed by the hierarchical clustering principle through the k-means method (clustering). Calculations were made using the Statistica software package, with the regions being clustered by a set of statistical indicators of the environmental cost of public interest product manufactured in a certain constituent entity of the Russian Federation, and indicators of households’ consumption of natural resources and quality of environmental management in the housing and utilities sector. The information framework comprises State reports, On the Current Situation and Protection of Environment in the Russian Federation, for 2010 through 2014.
Results As the cluster analysis shows, it is possible to point out several types of regional socio-economic systems, where each of them can be linked with a certain model of regional environmental management, which would comply with the specifics of adverse effect the economy and population have on the environment. As for two principal models of regional environmental management, we proposed specific tools to encourage enterprises for more responsible environmentally-friendly behavior.
Conclusions and Relevance The proposed tools are market-oriented, stimulating the region’s economy for adoption of the best available production technologies and subsequently supporting the region’s economy and its economic development.
Ключевые слова: environmental management, cluster analysis, regional socio-economic system, environmental effects
- Molina-Azorín J.F., Tarí J.J., Claver-Cortés E., López-Gamero M.D. Quality Management, Environmental Management and Firm Performance: A Review of Empirical Studies and Issues of Integration. International Journal of Management Reviews, 2009, vol. 11, iss. 2, pp. 197–222. doi: Link
- Franchetti M. ISO 14001 and Solid Waste Generation Rates in US Manufacturing Organizations: An Analysis of Relationship. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2011, vol. 19, iss. 9-10, pp. 1104–1109. doi: Link
- Belobragin V.Ya. [Rubicon. Analysis report, The ISO Survey-2014]. Standarty i kachestvo = Standards and Quality, 2016, no. 1, pp. 90–96. (In Russ.)
- Almastyan N.A. [Environmental management system: ISO 14001:2015 and EMAS]. Upravlenie kachestvom: materialy Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Proc. 15th Int. Sci. Conf. Quality Management, March 10–11, 2016]. Moscow, PROBEL-2000, MAI Publ., 2016, 384 p.
- Cameron A.C., Trivedi P.K. Mikroekonometrika: metody i ikh primenenie [Microeconometrics: Methods and Applications]. Moscow, Delo Publ., 2015, 664 p.
- Testa F., Rizzi F., Daddi T., Gusmerotti N.M., Frey M., Iraldo F. EMAS and ISO 14001: The Differences in Effectively Improving Environmental Performance. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2014, vol. 68, pp. 165–173. doi: Link
- Comoglio C., Botta S. The Use of Indicators and the Role of Environmental Management Systems for Environmental Performances Improvement: A Survey on ISO 14001 Certified Companies in the Automotive Sector. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2012, vol. 20, iss. 1, pp. 92–102. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2011.08.022
- Berezyuk M.V., Rumyantseva A.V., Merzlikina Yu.B., Makarova D.N. [The choice of the best available technologies: economic aspects]. Vestnik UrFU. Ser. Ekonomika i upravlenie = Vestnik of Ural Federal University. Series: Economics and Management, 2014, no. 2, pp. 109–121. (In Russ.)
- Skobelev D.O., Mezentseva O.V. [BAT-control and prevent negative impacts on our environment]. Kontrol' kachestva produktsii = Quality Control, 2014, no. 6, pp. 7–12. (In Russ.)
- Evrard D., Laforest V., Villot J., Gaucher R. Best Available Technique Assessment Methods: A Literature Review from Sector to Installation Level. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2016, vol. 121, pp. 72–83. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.01.096
- Parry I., Evans D., Oates W. Are Energy Efficiency Standards Justified? Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2014, vol. 67, iss. 2, pp. 104–125. doi: 10.1016/j.jeem.2013.11.003
- Vostrikova S.M. [Modern methods to stimulate enterprises cleaner production technologies]. Aktual'nye problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk = Actual Problems of Humanities and Natural Sciences, 2015, no. 12-6, pp. 29–32. (In Russ.)
- Klochkov V.V., Ratner S.V. Upravlenie razvitiem 'zelenykh' tekhnologii: ekonomicheskie aspekty [Management of green technology development: economic aspects]. Moscow, IPM RAS Publ., 2013, 291 p.
- Hegger D.L.T., Van Vliet J., Van Vliet B.J.M. Niche Management and Its Contribution to Regime Change: The Case of Innovation in Sanitation. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 2007, vol. 19, iss. 6, pp. 729–746. doi: 10.1080/09537320701711215
- Hyysalo S., Juntunen J.K., Freeman S. User Innovation in Sustainable Home Energy Technologies. Energy Policy, 2013, vol. 55, pp. 490–500. doi: Link
- Ornetzeder M., Rohracher H. User-led Innovations and Participation Processes: Lessons from Sustainable Energy Technologies. Energy Policy, 2006, vol. 34, iss. 2, pp. 138–150. doi: Link
- Brennan T.J., Palmer K.L. Energy Efficiency Resource Standards: Economic and Policy. Utilities Policy, 2013, vol. 25, pp. 58–68. doi: 10.1016/j.jup.2013.02.001
- Nawrocka D., Parker Th. Finding the Connection: Environmental Management Systems and Environmental Performance. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2009, vol. 17, iss. 6, pp. 601–607. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2008.10.003
- Khrustalev E.Yu., Ratner P.D. [Eco-Innovation in the electric power industry: Assessing the comparative effectiveness]. Innovatsii = Innovations, 2015, no. 9, pp. 8–14. (In Russ.)
- Khrustalev E.Yu., Ratner P.D. [Selection of the optimal strategy for the transition of the regional energy system to low-carbon technologies]. Audit i finansovyi analiz = Audit and Financial Analysis, 2015, no. 5, pp. 395–400. (In Russ.)
- Castelli L., Pesenti R., Ukovich W. DEA-like Models for the Efficiency Evaluation of Hierarchically Structured Units. European Journal of Operational Research, 2004, vol. 154, iss. 2, pp. 465–476. doi: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2008.10.003
- Petrushchenko V.V. [Heterogeneity accounting in DEA]. Problemy upravleniya = Control Sciences, 2013, no. 5, pp. 2–11. (In Russ.)
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала