Реферирование и индексированиеRussian Science Citation Index
Referativny Zhurnal VINITI RAS
Электронные версии в PDFElibrary.ru
East View Information Services
University Library Online
Это произведение доступно по лицензии Creative Commons «Attribution» («Атрибуция») 4.0 Всемирная.
The Impact of Foreign Stockholders on the Dividend Policy of Russian Companies
Importance In this article, we consider the dependence of dividend payments of Russian companies on foreign shareholders, and the dividend policy of Russian companies.
Objectives The research determines the correlation of the presence of foreign investors among shareholders and the dividend policy in Russia.
Methods The correlation was studied through the logit model for binary variables and the least squares method. The empirical underpinning consists of data on 122 largest Russian listed companies.
Results The main hypothesis of a direct correlation of dividends and the presence of foreign stockholders has not been confirmed. The study verifies an inverse correlation of dividend payments and the presence of foreign shareholders.
Conclusions and Relevance Nowadays Russia is not an attractive country for foreign investments due to the unstable economic situation and political relations with other countries. The findings can be useful for managers of the Russian companies to study benefits of foreign shareholding, and investors who are interest in Russia to be an actor of the world economy.
Ключевые слова: dividend, foreign, stockholder, investment attractiveness, dividend policy
- Lihong Cao, Yan Du, Jens Ording Hansen. Foreign Institutional Investors and Dividend Policy: Evidence from China. International Business Review, 2017, no. 1377, p. 12. URL: Link
- Kim S., Sul W., Kang S.A. Impact of Foreign Institutional Investors on Dividend Policy in Korea: A Stock Market Perspective. Journal of Financial Management and Analysis, 2010, vol. 23, pp. 10–26.
- Naohiko Baba. Increased Presence of Foreign Investors and Dividend Policy of Japanese Firms. Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 2008, no. 17, pp. 163–174.
- Jeon J.Q., Cheolwoo L., Moffett C.M. Effects of Foreign Ownership on Payout Policy: Evidence from the Korean market. Journal of Financial Markets, 2011, vol. 14, iss. 2, pp. 344–375. URL: Link
- Buckley P.J., Munjal S., Enderwick P., Forsans N. Do Foreign Resources Assist or Impede Internationalization? Evidence from Internationalization of Indian Multinational Enterprises. International Business Review, 2016, vol. 25, iss. 1, pp. 130–140.
- Du J., Dai Y. Ultimate Corporate Ownership Structures and Capital Structures: Evidence from East Asian economies. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 2005, vol. 13, iss. 1, pp. 60–71. URL: Link
- Song J., Wang R., Cavusgil S.T. State Ownership and Market Orientation in China's Public Firms: An Agency Theory Perspective. International Business Review, 2015, vol. 24, iss. 4, pp. 690–699. URL: Link
- Adjaoud F., Ben-Amar W. Corporate Governance and Dividend Policy: Shareholders' Protection or Expropriation? Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 2010, vol. 37, iss. 5-6, pp. 648–667. URL: Link
- Firth M., Lin C., Zou H. Friend or Foe? The Role of State and Mutual Fund Ownership in the Split Share Structure Reform in China. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2010, vol. 45, iss. 3, pp. 685–706. URL: Link
- Ben-Nasr H. Government Ownership and Dividend Policy: Evidence from Newly Privatized Firms. Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 2015, vol. 42, iss. 5-6, pp. 665–704. URL: Link
- Turaev Kh.R. [The influence of dividend payment data on the investment attractiveness and potential investors]. Rossiiskoe predprinimatel'stvo = Russian Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2016, vol. 17, no. 13, pp. 1505–1528. URL: Link (In Russ.)
- Afanas'ev D.O., Fedorova E.A. [Econometric analysis of interaction between Russia and developed countries]. Ekonomika i matematicheskie metody = Economics and Mathematical Methods, 2016, vol. 52, iss. 3, pp. 36–49. (In Russ.)
- Evy Mulyani, Harminder Singh, Sagarika Mishra. Dividends, Leverage, and Family Ownership in the Emerging Indonesian Market. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 2016, vol. 43, pp. 16–29. URL: Link
- Benavides Ju., Berggrun L., Perafan H. Dividend Payout Policies: Evidence from Latin America. Finance Research Letters, 2016, vol. 17, pp. 197–210. URL: Link
- Firth M., Gao J., Shen J., Zhang Yu. Institutional Stock Ownership and Firms' Cash Dividend Policies: Evidence from China. Journal of Banking & Finance, 2016, vol. 65, pp. 91–107. URL: Link
- Dorsaf Ben Aissia. Home and Foreign Investor Sentiment and the Stock Returns. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2016, vol. 59, pp. 71–77. URL: Link
- Andres Ch., Betzer A., Goergen M., Renneboog L. Dividend Policy of German Firms: A Panel Data Analysis of Partial Adjustment Models. Journal of Empirical Finance, 2009, vol. 16, iss. 2, pp. 175–187. URL: Link
- Redding L.S. Firm Size and Dividend Payouts. Journal of Financial Intermediation, 1997, vol. 6, iss. 3, pp. 224–248. URL: Link
ISSN 2311-9438 (Online)
ISSN 2073-8005 (Print)
Свежий номер журнала